Sunday, January 9, 2011

My Sanctuary & Sunday morning sewing

Sanctuary, on a personal level is where we perform the job of taking care of our soul - Christopher Forrest McDowell

Now completed: Coat, hat, jacket, jeans, t-shirt, boots and scarf for Jenna, Miranda's new doll...



And for me, a newly organized space, My Sanctuary, that includes plenty of storage for sewing and craft supplies, space for books about spirit, writing, art and sewing,  and a spot to sit and meditate with some nice music and a hot cup of tea.

Craft supplies

I am especially exicited about the yards of felt I purchase at half price, all neatly folded and waiting for me to sculpt into exciting toys, purses, slippers etc... the choices are limited only to my imagination and to all of the fantastic ideas posted on the internet. I am very grateful to all the creative artists who share their ideas and pictures.

Books & Supplies

My next project will be felt post offices for the kids to play with. I found a pattern online that includes a mailbox with flag, mailbag, letters, envelopes, stamps, addresses, a parcel box and cookies to pack in the box. If they are done in time for Valentines day, I'll probably include a box of valentines with envelopes and some stickers. It will look something like this...



A couple more views of My Space, all tidied up from the sewing project.


All cleaned up!

A place to sit and be.....

I love the sun shining in, especially since this is a north window. This is my sanctuary...the place in my house that nurtures my spirit! The sun reminds me that it is time to pack up my snowshoes and venture out into the sun for some excercise and vitamin D. I love that everyday is a minute or so longer than the last. Longer days are approaching!

No comments:

Post a Comment