Monday, January 10, 2011

Back to basics

We are trying to eat less processed foods, so tonight I made homemade oatmeal cookies and homeade blueberry muffins with blueberries we froze last summer. Yummy!



This afternoon, I searched for and found my healthy eating cookbook that I filed away a year ago. I can tell that it has been a long time because the last journal entry in the food diary is dated January  5, 2010, and my body has been urging me for these past months to please start making better food choices. And so it is, that I designed new journal pages, headed out for a short walk in the fresh air, and today made a fresh pot of delicious, hot and spicy chicken vegetable soup. My favourite ingredient is the cabbage. Add a whole wheat bun and you have a tasty, heart friendly meal.

My commitment for 2011 is to be more like the girl in the pictures below. I know she is still in there somewhere...wanting to play in the snow. Those were the days when I went out skating, walking, playing in all kinds of weather until the street lights came on, and it was just because it was fun.

Robin and Danny, 1960                           Robin and Danny, 1960

Maybe I will have to make a snow fort, go skating, go out for a walk...just for the fun of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment